January 10th, 2009 | 91 Comments

Beat The Stress!

Taken from Flickr

Everyone gets stressed out once in a while. Be it an animal or a human…when the problems of everyday living takes its toll on the mind, the body responds by showing signs of physical and emotional tension.

Relaxation is often a overused word to point out the solution for stress. The clichรฉ “relax man”, “chill out” and similar are the common advise provided by others when you are facing a stressful situation.

More often, relaxation is the last thing to come to the mind of very stressed out person and in most cases, people start panicking or resorting to fatal methods in overcoming stress.

Relaxation in a stressful environment does not have to take tremendous amounts of input. Some of the most simple and effective ways to induce a relaxed environment are:

Focusing on Breathing Deeply

Breathing is a relaxation technique that can be performed anywhere. Taking a few deep breaths gets the oxygen going and helps in calming your mind. Few deep breaths can often avoid harmful situations.

Physical Exercise

When you are feeling worn out, taking a walk around the neighborhood can relax your mind. If possible, vigorous exercise sessions help in multiple ways. It benefits the health as well as helps you maintain your nerve.

Get a Massage

What could be better than passing a few hours being pampered. Massaging helps in reducing depression and revigorates the body and mind.

Hypnosis

Hypnosis is a tried and tested method to lessen stress and tension. Deep hypnosis can help you get to the root of the problems and resolve it when you come out of the hypnosis state.

Prescribed Drugs

In extreme cases, where none of the above methods seem to work, drugs can be used under strict medical coaching. This is certainly not healthy, but drugs do help in achieving short term relaxed states. Incorporating physical exercise while under the drug treatment can help you overcome stress in the long run.

In addition to high/low blood pressure, prolonged stress can increase the risk of heart attacks and immunization system failure. Use the above tips in your everyday lives. It helps in keeping the stress away.

Bust Your Stress Now!

1) Sit up straight, shoulders back.
2) Inhale slowly and deeply to the count of four, filling your belly with air.
3) Hold for one count.
4) Exhale slowly and completely, to the count of six. Allow your shoulders to relax (but don’t let them slump forward).
5) Pause for one count. Repeat four times.
6) Enjoy a moment of peace before jumping back into the fray.

How do you beat stress? How often do you get stressed? Feel free to comment below.

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 10th, 2009 at 4:01 pm and is filed under Life. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

91 Responses to “Beat The Stress!”

1. Farrhad A says:

Great post Richael!!
    Everyone gets stressed out and has to learn to beat it :)

2. Thanks for the comment at your own blog, Farrhad :p
    I came up with this post becuase its the beginning of the year, and people are getting stressed out getting everything organized for the rest of the year. This post should help them out. :)

3. Dogs says:

nice post indeed, it it is easy to get stressed out over the smallest little thing that is not really worth getting stressed about.

4. Games says:

if you find a way please let me know..specially withi this economy every get stress…

5. theaffiliate says:

Great post. Getting a massage twice a month is one of the my best ways to go… Really gives me comfort…

6. goacom says:

All those methods of dealing with stress are a nice quicklist to refer to. However stress is relative at times. A death of a close one or a betrayal can give you enough of it to disown any methods of relief. Beating stress at all levels should have been part of our school curriculum. It is so imperative to deal with stress on a daily basis.

Good list.

7. Caroline says:

I’d recommend massage, it is very de-stressing and makes you forget all your problems, at least for a while any way.

8. Caroline says:

Also, although there is no solid scientific evidence for this aromatherapy(usually as part of the massage process) and the playing of relaxing music can also reduce stress.

9. Simon says:

Hi, just popped in to say what a brilliant post! I personally am a very competitive person which means every time I lose at something I get very stressed! Hopefully by following this advice I’ll be a bit more relaxed lol ๐Ÿ˜€

10. Fiona Erna says:

I found stop gossiping as an effective way of beating the stress. Its not easy, but the pay-off is really big :-) By gossiping, you are adding up the stress by telling the bad of others. The matter would get complicated if you heard there are bad gossips about you. So just stop gossiping! :-)

Fiona Erna last blog post is Make Your Own Fashion Statement

11. Automan says:

If your an artist, a good way of beating stress is to do something creative. Even if you don’t intend to finish it, start it. If you start seeing that your project is progressing you might actually want to finish something that eventually ends up a masterpiece.

12. Kyle says:

Hey some great advice there. I often find myself having to take time out during the day to relax. In fact if you are working on a computer all day you should be doing that anyway. If you get 5 minutes read this post from my blog:

It’s about similar stuff and can help prevent problems associated with long hours at a computer.

Cheers.

13. zar says:

If you are stressed, as the old fable goes, say “this,too shall pass away”.

14. Sometimes, stress is something that’s only in the mind. After a week of doing the same thing, you might find yourself stressed-out even though you’ve been getting enough rest and healthy foods. Maybe, you just need a little self-pampering. Get a massage, a new haircut, or a foot spa. These always works for me. :)

15. Harish says:

Ah Stress the only problem which people have the most. I have seen many striving to drive stress out. But Its not very difficult yet easy. But I burst out stress only by means of meditation. I have got much great feed backs out of meditation.

Any way great post.

Harish

16. Usually I go to the gym either with my friend or by myself. I do the treadmill a lot, and I sometimes smack the punching bag around for a bit. It is indeed a great stress reliever, and gives me time to think about things I never really gotten around to before.

17. The Moneyac says:

Great post, and tips.

Yet, when I am stressed out, even if it’s not healthy, a cigarette mostly helps to relax. Or a nice walk outside and maybe some weight lifting at the gym.

Cheers,

The Moneyac

18. hey! some great advice here. I often find myself having to take time out during the day to relax. n one thng, Everybody gets stressed out bt one has 2 learn to beat it

19. Erynion says:

For me, I have found that an hour long workout at the gym brings me back to my senses after a stressful day at work. Does anyone else find comfort in flexing their muscles? ๐Ÿ˜€

20. I tried your tips and it really works for me ๐Ÿ˜‰

Great tips to beat your stress

Here are some other tips from me ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. Learn Happy Talk
    2. Get Rid of Negative
    3. Express Feelings and Thoughts
    4. Laugh

21. That’s an awesome read, really helped refresh the old’ noodle ๐Ÿ˜‰

Personally for me, exercising is one of the greatest stress relief methods. Whether it be from studying, working or blogging – all stress is accounted for!

Janith
    Blogussion

22. Fish House says:

IO have always wanted to get hypnotized and see if I could change some of the things about me. I don’t get stressed often, but when I do deep breaths and counting to 10 really help me out. Usually by the end I am done and not stressed any more. These are all great tips, thanks for sharing!

23. Nihar says:

Thanks for the tips. This will help me and all the rest who read the this post to relieve from stress.

24. Gogi says:

Good tips, mindfulness is very imprtant. I also find relieve in stressful periods with arctic root.

25. JWRmedia says:

Great tips here. It’s always good to take a few minutes to relax- some “personal” time for yourself.

We all can use a little bit more of it in my opinion!

26. Stress is one cause of depression, it is important that sometimes you relax a little bit to beat stress feeling.

27. As I noticed, all readers appreciated the great tips from Farrhad to reduce stress!

I have collect some more tip for you guys that will surly help.

1. Avoid unnecessary stress
    2. Learn how to say โ€œnoโ€
    3. Avoid people who stress you out
    4. Take control of your environment
    5. Pare down your to-do list

6. Express your feelings instead of bottling them up
    7. Be willing to compromise
    8. Focus on the positive

28. Ben Pei says:

Massage is definitely one of the best! So relaxing.. lol

29. Hi.That was pretty nice tips. Thank you for sharing.

30. Truck trader says:

i follow these steps :- Focusing on Breathing Deeply and Getting a Massage really makes Relaxation and stressless

Exercise is necessary to be healthy in today’s life … for fitness and maintain in older age too

31. Very very good post. Sometimes even websites can be extremely stressful. It is amazing how you manage all this with your studies. Keep it up!

32. Farrhad A says:

Thanks for the comments everyone esp. Logo Designer :-)

33. Ryan says:

Maintaining a positive attitude I think is crucial to overcoming stress. If you can remain upbeat about a problem (“It can be solved”) then the problem seems lessened. If you feel like a problem can never be solved then it is an impassable wall.

And remember, act first and don’t wait for someone else to solve a problem for you. If you’re doing nothing towards solving a problem then you will feel more helpless and useless than if you are taking positive steps towards a resolution, no matter how small those steps are.

34. Nice post here. I would add just something. Stress is very simple emotion, like our other emotions its simple to control. We just have to realize it that we created him. As we created stress, we have to uncreate him. Dont tell me that unhealthy eating, lack of sleep, taking no time for relaxation and sporting wont create stress?

35. Enk. says:

Really Nice Post. I’m not stressed but going thru some sad days.. Would love to read an article on that.. ๐Ÿ˜€

36. Brad Callen says:

It is a known fact that at the moment we live in a fast paced and high tech world, where everything needs to be done quickly and efficiently. Today’s life is full of pressure be it on the work front or at home. The stress of putting in too many hours of overtime, the stress of driving through endless traffic jams, the stress of meeting urgent deadlines, the stress of too much workload, the list can go on; however, it is important that we learn to beat this stress so that it does not ultimately end up affecting our health.

37. Bella says:

The breathing exercise is a nice one!Tried it. :) Getting a massage is a total stress-reliever, especially after hectic deadlines at work.Listening to good music and singing my heart out relieves me from stress, too.

38. Bidet says:

These are great tips to relieve stress, I like the breathe deeply one, it always works for me. I never tried hypnosis but I am sure it would work.

39. Rehaan says:

Stress is a killer and you must beat it :-)
    Kewl post.

40. Neha says:

Stress just keep building up. I have bookmarked this post and I mailed it to my mom to read :-)

41. Stress, yeah we should beat it or else we will be ugly.^_^

42. Cavite Blog says:

Stress Kills.

According to surveys, the number one reason of some organ malfunction and deaths, is the killer stress.

Take time to relax guys.!

43. Soma says:

Stress can kill you,…And the best medicine for this is to relaxation.

44. Stress is so harmful we better beat it early.

45. game-girl says:

My strategy against stress is massage,breathing exercises from TAO and positive way of thinking.I summer I try to spend more time out of doors,in the nearest pine forest to get some harmony with nature.I hope people can try something from your methods and find theirs.

46. Alex says:

I don’t ususally get stressed out a lot but this post is sure gonna help me when i do, thanks!

47. You should try it with visualization. Just think yourself happy without stress, repeat this before you go to sleep every day until you get the result ..

48. Very much useful posting, many people cant control their stress in some kinds of critical situations.The tips stated in this post is effective.I wish to follow them.Thanks for the post.