June 21st, 2009 | 103 Comments

Handling Failure and Not Running Away From It

Failure is something that everyone goes through. You, me, Barrack Obama and Bill Gates too. Everyone is prone to failure. It is just a part of everyone’s lives. Well, it all depends on how you take it and face it.

You just cannot afford to crumble under failure. Most probably failure is a result of our decisions. Remember, no one makes mistakes in life. There are never any mistakes, they are just experiences. We have to learn from these experiences and make sure we do not do the same stuff again.

How to tackle failure:

You must understand that failure is there to bring you wisdom

Failure never comes without a reason. You must take up some wisdom from failure. Each failure you encounter brings you one step closer to success. Keep this mindset and you will see failure differently.

Failure is the stepping stone to success.

Do not make failure stop you

Sometimes, you can be really close to achieving your goals but a small failure can set you back. Edison failed thousands of times to create the light bulb. If he would have not continued, despite his failures, he would have not created the world’s greatest invention.

Keep confidence in yourself

Remember, failure is just a temporary period. Keep confidence in yourself and move on in life. Look forward to the future. Failure is not here to stay, good times lie ahead.

It is always darkest before dawn.

Give some time to yourself

You need to spend some time alone and analyze things. Try and figure out what you did wrong. Listen to some soothing music. Go out for a walk alone, this will surely help.

Also, writing in a diary is known to help many people.

Believe in yourself

Have faith and trust in yourself. There will be one day when you will emerge out and will be in a world of success. You just have to stay strong and keep faith in yourself, even in the toughest of times.

Learn to plan things. If you plan things as much as you can, failure will not disappear but reduce.

Failure is an event, not a person

Always remember that you only get one life and one chance. Make the most of it. Stop defeating and limiting yourself.

Hope you enjoyed reading this post. How do you overcome failure? Anything you wish to share? Please feel free to comment below.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 21st, 2009 at 7:58 pm and is filed under Life. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

103 Responses to “Handling Failure and Not Running Away From It”

1. “Experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes” – Oscar Wilde

It’s true that everyone has off days. Nevertheless, continuing onward is important if you want to grow as a person, in skill and in spirit.

2. Thanks for commenting on my blog, you know lucky you found my blog, I love reading good content blog, and your first post really let me feel excited on reading your next post, thanks for sharing how to overcome failure, looking forward on your next post….
    The Bad Blogger´s last blog ..The Bad Blogger 5 Fireworks Of Success You Should Have ! (This Post Is Not For Everyone) My ComLuv Profile

3. I’m experienced a lot of failures, but I’m happy I made them sooner than later and learn from them.
    I’m Abdul, the Internet Entrepreneur´s last blog ..Why You Should UnFollow Everyone On Twitter My ComLuv Profile

4. It is said the Thomas Edison made hundreds of faulty light bulbs before he finally produced the one that worked.

5. Hi, I am newbie here. In my view failure are the base of success. I always learn from than. Failure are the best teachers.

6. After failure when you get sucess that is the most happier moment in life so never cry on failure but it is truth that after failure there is sucess, anyway fanstastic points you have shared with us for tackle failure.

7. Failure is a part of life. The best thing to do is to face it and you might never know it may be the beginning of SUCCESS :)

8. gas card says:

It must feel so nice to be done with exams… a “phew” feeling comes on. This post reminds me of a lyric by faith Evans : If I had to do it all again I wouldn’t take away the rain Cuz I know it made me who I am If I had to do it all again I’ve learned so much from my mistakes that’s how I know he is watching me. Failures can be seen merely as life lessons.. something to grow wiser out of.

-Randy

9. “In every success is a big failure”

This article is really true and helpful. Running away from your failure is a bad thing to do. You will never learn how to succeed if you do not face your failures. A lot of people experienced failure before they succeeded. Failure is normal and is a part of success.

By reading this article I realized how to face failure. It maybe a barricade for our daily living but we should realize that failure is present to teach us lessons that we need to learn. When we fail it doesn’t mean we can’t do it. But it would open a door to better way of doing things. At least if we fail we will not do the things that we normally do if it would lead us to failure.

I give to thumbs up to this article. At least now I know how to face my failures in life. Thanks a Lot!

10. Face your failure with smile!
    I am sure your life will be happy…….

11. NZVel says:

Great read, thanks.
    I have a problem with failure, I think it was something my father set in place when I was a kid. I fear failure so much I am scared to do anything.
    I am seeking help for this and have found just doing something I thought I could not do really helps.

Great blog.
    Cheers

12. “…no one makes mistakes in life. There are never any mistakes, they are just experiences.”
    I never thought of it that way. That was really nice. And your advices are too. Thanks for sharing your wisdom. :)

13. Car rental says:

14. Shawn says:

We all learn by experience, be it bad – be it good!

15. @Car rental, I agree to an extent. However, some things are just going to be failures. There are times where it is better to just pack your bags and move to another venture than to drag out the inevitable. However, many people do make the mistake of jumping ship before it is even at risk of sinking.

16. Excellent advice…we must never be afraid to fail. Learning from mistakes is a vital key to success. It may seems like a cliche but in order to reach one’s potential, there will be setbacks along the way. The worst thing you can do is not to try!

17. Rhonda says:

Failure. Such a negative term that when I hear it I feel like crap.

18. Hubtonomy says:

Everyone can expect to fail, it may just be a small thing or it may be major. just pick yourself up and carry on, think of the successes.

19. Zeta says:

You can learm from failure only if you have some kind of goal plus some pride/self-esteem, because if you aren’t gearing towards something you feel it’s not worth the effort. That said, I think motivation is what makes the difference when failing.
    Zeta´s last blog ..A votar mañana My ComLuv Profile

20. Failure will make you a better person..If all the things in life are success and triumphs,how will you know its value?

21. Really encouraging post!! Thanks for giving us a message of hope, we must face the problems everyday.
    Sometimes we fall to rise up again.
    Jenna Albright´s last blog ..Best way to renew my kitchen cabinets? My ComLuv Profile

22. Nice way to start my day, glad I found this blog. Thanks for the motivation!

23. ‘A man is someone who can take a punch in more than one ways’.

Liked the post a lot. Am following. 😛

24. Thanks for reply. Yes we can continue learning from our past.

25. @ Rhonda– I had remember a story which i had read in school. There was A king who had lost a battle and hide in a cave. There he saw a spider trying to reach at top of roof but spider fails many time. But at last he had success. The king thinks that why he can’t success if spider had. Then he fight again and win and had his kingdom back. what you learn from it.

26. I had remember a story which i had read in school. There was A king who had lost a battle and hide in a cave. There he saw a spider trying to reach at top of roof but spider fails many time. But at last he had success. The king thinks that why he can’t success if spider had. Then he fight again and win and had his kingdom back. what you learn from it.

27. that’s imp post .that’s also motivate any person got any thing which is difficult .
    Ross Bingo Live´s last blog ..Live Bingo Promotions My ComLuv Profile

28. Steven Lance says:

yes, failure is the stepping stone to maturity and success, just dont quit if you are experiencing it right now.
    Steven Lance´s last blog ..How to Stop Sweaty Armpits Effectively and Safe My ComLuv Profile

29. Sometimes our failure get the best of us and we turn to stupid actions like self inflicted pains to the point of suicide just to escape the hurt that we feel but this is not the way I suppose and even at the toughest times of our lives there will always be a reliever that makes everything all right… Maybe God is the way…

30. Seo83 says:

I really agree with above post. In crucial time someone has to face the situation not to get away from it. Because after every horrible time there’s a ray of hope..

31. game-girl says:

Failure and success do together as day and night so natural.I think that the problem is to adopt the state of things as it is.

32. game-girl says:

Failure and success are as day and night,they go together.The problem is to take the state of things as it is with pleasure.

33. Have you read Rhonda Bynes’ The Secret??? I bet you have. If you didnt, you should! It’s the best read of my life and a perfect compliment to this post. 😀
    Liane YoungBlogger´s last blog ..It’s Blogger Tag Time! Come On Join the Fun! My ComLuv Profile

34. game-girl says:

I think failures and successes are two perts of one medal as day and night ,one goes after the other.
    game-girl´s last blog ..Ледниковый период 3 бьет рекорды My ComLuv Profile

35. I understand where you are coming from. The best ways I use failure is as for a reason to succeed at whatever I’m doing. Remember, it’s all about constant flow.

Regards,
    Jermaine

36. Rod pusher says:

Tru, Failure makes the success. This post was excellent to re build our attitude in the right path.

37. Seo News says:

You are right everyone goes through failure in his life at one..It’s not a big issue we need to concentrate the points of failure and remove theme in the life
    Seo News´s last blog ..Building a Search Marketing Consulting Business My ComLuv Profile

38. Failure is not stay in your life for a long time, you must concentrate your work

39. flowers says:

Over all, it will define in one statement is “after failure there is sucess”!!

I like to take inspiration from Rocky Balboa, it’s like he said and I will quote him… “Life will bring you to your knees and keep you there. Permanently. If you let it. It’s not about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit. And keep moving forward. Keep moving forward. If you know what you’re worth, go out and get it. But you have to be willing to take the hit.”

Till then,

41. Solar signs says:

In my point failure thought’s lesson to improve the each person skills to success in life.

42. yes i know how it feels when u know for yourself that you are not something but because ppl keeps bragging about it u littlt by little convinced yerself that maybe its true.

43. CashBack says:

You have to be willing to take risks in life. And with risks comes some failure. It is part of life. This is where you can learn lessons and become better because of it.

44. Great quick and simple steps! Another wonderful post!
    Tara S. Dickherber, M.Ed, CPC´s last blog ..Disney does it again My ComLuv Profile

45. Nobody gives the success without failure.. great article.

46. Because if you aren’t gearing towards something you feel it’s not worth the effort. That said, I think motivation is what makes the difference when failing.

47. yes, you are right, failure is the stepping stone to maturity and success, just dont quit if you are experiencing it right now.
    watch movies online´s last blog ..The Unit: Into Hell Part One – Season 4 – Episode 7 My ComLuv Profile

48. work at home says:

Failure really can get you down especially when you are so close to completing a important goal in life.
    work at home´s last blog ..Buying Old Domains To Work At Home! It Works Or Hurts? My ComLuv Profile

49. foraje says:

Life has Ups and Downs, must try to overcome obstacles. Always believe in yourself, always have arround optimistics people.